Mobile Code Certificate
- While-you-wait issuance of 1 year or a 3 year medium-hardware assurance Mobile Code Signing (MCS) certificates is available at ORC offices in Virginia. Only available in VA at this time.
- If you bring the necessary documents, you leave with fully functional certificates on either a smartcard or cryptographic token and card reader software.
- Allows signing of code with a DoD approved certificate.
- The highest assurance level ECA certificates—Equivalent to the certificates on the DOD CAC.
A Mobile Code Signing (MCS) Certificate is a certificate used for signing mobile code that resides on a web server. This certificate is used to sign mobile code that is downloaded from a web server by users. Users can validate the certificate used to sign the code and determine whether to trust it.
See our pricing page
for details about the required hardware and software, which can be picked up at your appointment.
Note: The issuance of ORC ECA Mobile Code Signing (MCS) Medium Hardware Assurance certificates requires that:
- The MCS certificate subscriber is designated in writing by an appropriate representative of the Subscriber’s organization.
- The MCS certificate subscriber holds an ORC ECA Identity certificate prior to issuance of the MCS certificate.
- The MCS certificate keys are generated on an approved cryptographic device (i.e. smart card) in front of a duly designated ORC representative, such as a Registration Authority (RA) or Local Registration Authority (LRA). This will require that you do one of the following:
- Come to an ORC facility (located in Fairfax or Chesapeake, Virginia) to create the certificate requests in the presence of an RA.
- Your company may also designate employees to be trained as duly designated ORC representative (LRAs) and perform this function at your facilities.
Steps to obtain your Mobile Code Signing (MCS) certificates
- Step 1: Read the requirements.
- Step 2: Gather the required documents.
- Step 3: Trust the CAs.
- Step 4: In the presence of an LRA, fill out and print the online request forms.
- Step 5: Verify your enrollment keys.
- Step 6: The LRA will process the printed request forms (with the required documents) and request issuance. ORC will email you when your certificates have been issued.
Proceed to Step 1 to read the requirements